In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
I was feeling particularly list-y this week. I guess after a week away my brain needed some time to adjust back to a blogging frame of mind. On Monday I shared 25 reasons you might confuse me with a preschooler, including the facts that I’m always asking “why” and saying “no,” I know everything, and I think cookies and ice cream are an acceptable meal. And on Wednesday I wrote about the various reasons why my kids don’t always eat their food. You know, because it probably tastes funny or smells weird. Or it has something red in it.
My Too Tired to Try Tuesday post this week got me excited for camping. Why? Because I shared how to make some ooey gooey delicious-looking campfire cones. I’m so excited to try these. Although let’s face it. I’m not going camping anytime soon, so our grill will have to do.
And as always, we wrapped up the week with an overload of cuteness and happiness in the Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post. I’m so proud that I remembered to bug you all for submissions AND that so many of you sent something in. Please, keep that up!
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: “I miss Gramma, but I like my bed, too,” said my favorite today.
- Monday: “Fine, I quit!” said my favorite today. (Because that gave me a good chuckle.) Amendment I added: I wasn’t laughing because my child actually quit something. She was angry because I wouldn’t let her do something, and that’s what she said. I’m not exactly sure what she thought she was quitting, but it was pretty funny how she said it (came with the whole scowl and crossing arms action).
- Tuesday: “Mommy don’t say ‘stupid.’ If you say it again, you’re going in timeout,” said my favorite today. (In my defense, someone ran a red light and almost hit us. But I’m glad to know the sponge is soaking up at least some of the things I say.)
- Wednesday: “Dada, babababa, eeeeeeeeeee,” squealed my favorite today while excitedly flailing his arms and legs as we drove around with the windows down (but sadly no sun roof open, lol) this afternoon.
- Thursday: Today was a rough day here on the homestead. My favorites today currently are saying, “Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,” and I can only pray that they continue that beautiful sound all night.
- Friday: Me: “Who wants to go to the library tomorrow morning?” My favorite today: “Me, me! But only if we bes good and listen to you, right, Mamma?”
- Saturday: “Today I’m thankful for the whole night and the new friends that we make-ted,” said my favorite today.
My Top 5 Facebook Posts
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.