In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
Are the weeks going by faster and faster all of a sudden? Seriously, how is this the last Sunday in July? I kinda feel like I’m in the Spy Kids 3 movie. (If you’ve seen it, you know what I’m talking about. If not, I give you full permission to laugh at the fact that I have actually watched Spy Kids 3. Many, many, many times. Many.) Anyhoo . . .
On Monday I wrote about my idea for a new Discovery Channel reality show, Alone with Kids and Afraid, based on their new series Naked and Afraid. You strand one single adult with 2-3 children and see how he or she survives everyday parenting challenges. I for one would love to see how people would do. And nudity isn’t required, but let’s face it, it’s highly likely with kids, right?
For this week’s Too Tired to Try Tuesday post I shared Mommy Needs a Martini’s dry sparkle snow craft. This one is sure to be a hit with the kiddos. Messy, but fun!
On Thursday I wrote about my ongoing journey with the Orange Rhino Challenge. In this update I have a huge confession to make about how things have been going.
As always, I shared some adorableness in this week’s Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post. I’m so happy many of you have started sharing your own photos with us. Please keep them coming!
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: “When can we stay over at Gramma and Pop’s again?” asked my favorite today.
- Monday: “When does kindergarten start?” asked my favorite today.
- Tuesday: “Ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma,” said my favorite today. (Hey, it’s only been a few weeks hearing this little chatter. Give me a few more before I’m complaining about it driving me bonkers.)
- Wednesday: “I wanna watch t.v. on the man,” said my favorite today. (Good thing I knew she meant “on Demand,” lol.)
- Thursday: “Shhhh, I’m twying to wead to my baby brudder,” said my favorite today.
- Friday: “What?! Where did all this fur on my legs come from?!!” asked my favorite today.
- Saturday: “I’m ready for night-night,” said my favorite today.
My Top 5 Facebook Posts (and a Recycled Photo)
Also, I was looking through some old photos I’ve meme’d up, and came across this one — it’s one of my favorites and seems to be one of your favorites, too.
My Favorites from the Interwebs
Here are a few other blogs and other posts that I really enjoyed this week:
- From Michelle at Your’e my favorite today: “Royal Babies Don’t Poop” ~ and Other Differences in Parenting a Prince (Isn’t this how you envision royal parenting to go?)
- Stephanie from Mommy, for real was over on Scary Mommy talking about the 5 telltale signs you may (or may not) be pregnant. (Seriously, this is me every month.)
- From Frugie at Frugalista Blog: My Thighs Are Flabby, and I’m Trying to Love Them Anyway (A nice reminder to love yourself and a good story about ensuring our children love themselves, too.)
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.