In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
Gosh this past week went by fast. Seems like just yesterday when I published last week’s Lazy Sunday.
On Monday I republished a post that I originally wrote for my friend Michelle at Miss Banana Pants titled “My Husband Put a Ring on It, and then a Firefighter Cut it Off” (aka, “The Best Things in Life Aren’t Things”). I learned a lot from this embarrassing incident, and needed a bit of a reminder.
And this week’s Too Tired to Try Tuesday post might be my favorite of all time. Not necessarily because of the subject — although who wouldn’t love ice cream pizza?! — but because of the author! The post I shared was “written” by 5 1/2-year-old Ben, my friend Karyn’s son from PicklesINK. Ben is clearly a culinary master, and if you haven’t already, I bet he’d love to hear how awesome you think his post is! 🙂
On Wednesday, I abandoned a post I was struggling to write (placing it in my draft folder with 6 or 7 other posts) and spur-of-the-momenty decided I wanted to start an interview series — aptly titled “That’s What She (or He) Said” — with other writers to share all of the talent I have found over the past few months. But the interview questions I’m selecting are not your run of the mill questions. Nope, they’re completely wacky! And first up to share with us was Molley from A Mother Life. Can’t wait for the next installment.
And we wrapped up the week with a Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post that was just overflowing with ooey gooey cuteness! For serious, if you didn’t have a chance to see it, you should check it out.
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: “I miss you, Sissy. I wub you,” said my favorite today (saying goodnight to his sister over the phone during their first night ever sleeping apart from each other).
- Monday: “Mamma, your insides are pretty,” said my favorite today. (I really hope this means what I think it means and not a creepy alternative!)
- Tuesday: “I fink you need a nap, Mommy,” said my favorite today. (He just really gets me, this one.)
- Wednesday: “You’re so comfy, Mamma,” said my favorite today.
- Thursday: “Wow, my butt is really crackin,” said my favorite today. (I have no idea what that meant, but it made me spit out my drink.)
- Friday: “Let’s sleep a lot tomorrow morning,” said my favorite today. (Yes, please!)
- Saturday: “Muah, muah, muah,” said my favorite today as he gave me his first kissies ever. (Ok, it was more like slobbery licks, but still!)
My Top 5 Facebook Posts
My Favorites from the Interwebs
Here are a few other blogs and other posts that I really enjoyed this week:
- David Vienna from The Daddy Complex shared a new parenting trend on HuffPost Parents that I really need to practice: The CTFD Method. (I think we all could benefit from this!)
- If you’ve had a kid that used a pacifier, you’re going to love Mama, Schmama’s “The Rule of the Paci” (“4. Do not speak the name “paci” unless you can deliver. Immediately.” It’s true!)
- This dad’s video that’s gone viral showing 1 second from every day of his son’s first year. Absolutely amazing! (And totally worth the 6 1/2 minutes to watch it.)
- From Celeste at RunningNekkid: First Days (It’s amazing how much some time can change how you view things.)
- From Amanda at Questionable Choices in Parenting: Terrible Twos are No Big Deal and Other Lies I Tell Myself (I’m on board for the rehab facility because if two are terrible, threes are totally terrible.)
- Kerry from HouseTalkN was over on In The Powder Room talking about phrases that dive her insane. (What’s on your list? Currently, I can’t stand the phrase “just sayin'” — I have never in my life uttered those words except to say how much I hate when people say that.)
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.