In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
If you’re wondering how long I can blame the move for my lack of writing these days, you’re in good company. I just can’t seem to get back into the swing of things. Hopefully my writer’s brain will kick back in soon.
On Monday I shared some things with you that I really dig about my husband. Not the standard “he’s a great dad” or “he’s my best friend,” but the things he does for me every day that remind me how we ended up on this journey together in the first place.
For this week’s Too Tired to Try Tuesday post, I shared a fun colored rice sensory activity. If you don’t mind a little rice here and there, this one is sure to please and keep the kiddos entertained for more than 5 minutes.
On Thursday, Scary Mommy ran my “Things You Know but Don’t Really Know Until You Have Kids” series. I was super excited for all of the wonderful feedback I received on it and all of the shares!
As always, I finished the week with our Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post. Thanks so much to everyone who submitted something. If you’re interested in sharing with us, please do send a pic or story my way. We can always use more happy!
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: “Mommy, I love you like a cookie,” said my favorite today.
- Monday: Me: “Whatchya doing in there, sweetie?”
My favorite today: “Making my dinner.”
- Tuesday: “Mommy, my feets is soooo dirty. I played good today,” said my favorite today.
- Wednesday: “Mamma, when I grow up I want to be you,” said my favorite today.
- Thursday: “Why are you so smart?” asked my favorite today.
- Friday: “All done,” signed my favorite today. (For the very first time!)
- Saturday: “Mommy, how did I get this family?” asked my favorite today. (AKA the birth of a question that lasts a lifetime, sweetie.) 😉
My Top 5 Facebook Posts
The baby was popular this week . . .
My Favorites from the Interwebs
Here are a few other blogs and other posts that I really enjoyed this week:
- My friend Amy at Funny is Family was on the Huffington Post talking about how she used to do things but then had kids (Her last point of comparison is my most favoritest thing she has ever written!)
- My friend Jenn at Something Clever 2.0 was on In the Powder Room sharing how her husband doesn’t suck (This went great with my post from Monday — we have some great men!)
- From Laugh Lines: I Could Have Had a Baby By Now. Instead I Started a Blog (Some great tips on blogging.)
- From Outsmarted Mommy: Talk to Me in 30 Years (A funny look at how young kids are such conversation blockers.)
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.