In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
Still a little slow this week as we continue to get settled in the new house. Plus, my husband started his new job this week, and I have the kids home with me all day, every day. Needless to say, my mind is still a little mushy.
For this week’s Too Tired to Try Tuesday post, I continued the patriotic theme from last week and shared a 4th of July cake recipe that I actually tried out a few years ago. I didn’t make it this year, but as I sit here and type this with no leftover cake to eat, I’m wishing I had.
And Wednesday was a big day around here. My littlest turned 1! To celebrate, I shared his birth story. I can’t believe how fast this past year has flown by. Yet again, it seems like the little guy has been a part of our family forever.
I rounded out the week with the Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post. It included an awesome picture of my husband — who’s allergic to bees — suited up ninja-style in order to spray down a wasp nest in our backyard (that’s true love, no?) and some great shots of the baby digging into his first birthday cake, among others. If you need a smile, I highly suggest you checking it out.
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: “Anything for you my sweet mommy,” said my favorite today. (Sweet indeed. I just wish we had the same definition of “anything.”)
- Monday: Today my favorites squealed at the top of their lungs for a good 30+ minutes when we let them take a bath in our jacuzzi tub. (Another perk of the new house!)
- Tuesday: “Thank you for this wonderful meal,” said my favorites today. (Man, if they think a cinnamon raisin bagel and apple sauce is a “wonderful meal” they’re going to grow up thinking I am a culinary genius!)
- Wednesday: “Mmmmm, nyum, nyum, nyum,” said my favorite today, digging into his first birthday cake!
- Thursday: “Happy birfday ‘Merica,” said my favorite today. Followed immediately by, “Mamma, who’s ‘Merica?”
- Friday: “Can we please just be nice to each other?” asked my favorite today exasperatedly.
- Saturday: “Whoa, nice butt,” said my favorite (random younger guy) today as I was loading the groceries into my minivan. Presumably he was slightly inebriated. And had a vision impairment. Meh, I’ll take it. 😉
My Top 5 Facebook Posts
My Favorites from the Interwebs
Here are a few other blogs and other posts that I really enjoyed this week:
- From Bringing Up Babies: Drawing Away Bedtime Monsters (A fabulous idea I’m going to implement the next time one of my kiddos has a nightmare!)
- From HouseTalkN via BlogHer: Sometimes, We Eat Humble Pie (We do indeed. I’ve jumped the gun a few times with a correction and realized after that fact that I missed out on a teachable moment.)
- From Elleroy Was Here: Cocktail Saturday: Sip Your Bakery — Key Lime Pie & Banana Nut (Yes, please! I’m totally into turning baking days into cocktail days during the summer!)
- The Science of Parenthood’s Sleep Geometry Theorem (My kids definitely do this!)
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.
July 7, 2013 at 9:28 am
Thank you! So sweet of you to include us! Color us stoked! 🙂
July 8, 2013 at 9:45 pm
You’re very welcome. I love to share things I, well, love! 🙂