Before I get into the weekly wrap up, I need to share a little programming note. I am going to be on a blogging hiatus the next two weeks as my family and I prepare to and actually move. (We’re moving from CT to VA.) I know, I know, I’ll miss you, too! The good news is that I have lined up 6 fun guest bloggers to keep you company while I’m busy dealing with moving stuff. Plus I’ll continue to update my Facebook page, so I won’t be completely out of touch. 🙂
Ok, so, without further adieu, on with the weekly wrap up.
In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
On Monday I shared a product review of my newest love: The Knot Genie. Oh man, I wasn’t asked to write this review, nor did I receive any sort of compensation for this review, but I love the product so much, I wanted to let you know. If you or your little one has unruly hair that’s hard to keep tangle-free, you should definitely check it out.
In this week’s Too Tired to Try Tuesday post I shared a Muddy Buddies recipe that I found on Mess For Less. If your kid likes chocolate and peanut butter, and making a mess, this one is sure to please. (I also linked to a recipe for Chocolate Snowballs in case of any nut allergies.)
On Wednesday I posted about simple pleasures I now have as a mom. And this graphic was quite a hit!
I received a very nice surprise on Thursday when I was contacted by an editor at The Huffington Post letting me know that they were publishing my post from last week on redefining success. To say I was excited and proud would be an understatement.
And, as usual, I wrapped up the week with a Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post. Lots of cute happiness from you all this week. And, only one pic from me. But it was a good one. 🙂
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: “If we don’t get ice cream, there will be consequences,” said my favorite today. (It’s hard to argue w/ such logic & impressive vocabulary.)
- Monday: “Daddy, Mommy is the boss,” said my favorite today. (It’s ok, my husband actually tells this to the kids all the time. He knows what’s up.)
- Tuesday: “I don’t want to watch Caillou,” said my favorite today!
- Wednesday: “If you need anything, buddy, just ask me, not Mommy,” said my favorite today.
- Thursday: “Here you go, m’lady,” said my favorite today. (No worries, she learned it from a Barbie movie, not Game of Thrones. Ok, maybe it’s a draw?)
- Friday: “Let’s do this,” said my favorite today as we were preparing to make a mad dash from the car to the house in the pouring rain.
- Saturday: “Mommy, I like making craps,” said my favorite today. (Errrr, I assumed he meant “crafts,” but now I’m wondering if maybe I misunderstood.)
My Top 5 Facebook Posts
My Favorites from the Interwebs
Here are some other blogs that I really enjoyed this week:
- From Martinis and Minivans: We All Need to Hear These Words Sometimes . . . (Whenever I see other parents struggling, I try to offer a kind look or even words of encouragement if that seems appropriate. Because I know I could use them when I’m struggling.)
- From Hollow Tree Ventures: As the Dollhouse Turns — Grandpa’s Little Problem (Oh my goodness, if you haven’t checked out the dollhouse soap opera my friend Robyn produces, you are missing out. Please check it out, stat!)
- From Confessions of a (Not-So-)Super Mom: Around the Block (So really, my “writer’s block” the other week wasn’t exactly what I thought it was! 🙂 )
- From Stinker Babies: Ninja Skillz (We ARE really like ninjas!)
- From Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms: We Hate Baby Shower Games (I think I’ve played most of these at other people’s showers.)
- My friend Amy from Funny is Family was oversharing at When Crazy Meets Exhaustion: Group Poop (Oh, just read it, it’s hilarious!)
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.
June 9, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Thanks for mentioning my embarrassing story! I must be seriously twisted to get so much pleasure from people laughing at my poo adventures.
Love your graphic, especially #12. I spend half of my life going back to the damn store.
June 9, 2013 at 7:46 pm
Hey, the more people that can share in a good poo story, the better! 🙂 And thanks, yes, I’ve already gone to the store 4 times just this weekend. Derp.
June 9, 2013 at 8:39 pm
Good luck with your move!
June 9, 2013 at 8:45 pm
P.S. I think your blog is awesome and I shared it on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/gameofdiapers
Keep em comin’ 🙂
June 10, 2013 at 11:43 am
Shannon, thanks so very much on all accounts. I’ve liked your Facebook page and look forward to checking things out over there. 🙂
June 10, 2013 at 5:45 am
Thanks for including us and good luck with your move. Erin
June 10, 2013 at 11:44 am
You’re very welcome. Thanks for all of the laughs!