In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
My brain sort of went into overdrive this week after nearly 2 weeks suffering from writer’s block. I published something every day, which is unusual for me.
On Monday I wrote about some of the things you won’t hear us saying in our house. Curse words–at least when the kids aren’t in earshot–and other phrases made the list. It was also nice hearing about your lists as well.
Tuesday’s Too Tired to Try post was all about erupting Kool-Aid paints. These paints promise to be fun and smell good, too! And because you can do this activity in the bathtub, clean up is a breeze.
On Wednesday I wrote a post that had me crying most of the way through as I reflected on my daughter’s birth story and her very unexpected entrance into this world.
After such an emotional post on Wednesday, I got pretty goofy on Thursday and shared with you the 20 reasons I think cats have superior potty skills compared to kids. I received some pretty funny (and accurate) rebuttals to these reasons, so I had to add a disclaimer that the kids in question are toddlers and preschoolers, and the cats in question are not psycho. 🙂
And Friday saw my second-ever double post day. I started out with our Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post in which I had a record number of submissions! Granted, these were after I
begged asked for you to send them in, but you all delivered! And for that I thank you!
My second post was something I wrote on redefining success after I read Arianna Huffington’s post in which she asked for people to share their thoughts on the subject. I actually have a pretty strong opinion on this, so I shared them in a letter I wrote to her. Who knows if she’ll actually see it; I’m just happy I wrote it!
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: “Wooooohoooooo!” screamed my favorites today as they witnessed their baby brother take his first steps. (Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXMpSSyzEg)
- Monday: “Mamma, can we trade ice cream cones so I can have the small one and you can have the big one?” asked my favorite today. (Yes, yes you can!)
- Tuesday: “You’re my best friend, Mommy,” said my favorite today. (Hey, I’ll take it while it lasts!)
- Wednesday: “I’ll really try to sleep later than the sun tomorrow,” said my favorite today.
- Thursday: “I shake my booty back and forth, I shake my booty back and forth,” sang my favorite today! (Bonus points if you can name the song she adapted this from. Bonus bonus points if you can tell me the movie in which she heard the song from which she adapted this from!)
- Friday: “If you don’t let me do that I’m going to go in my room and stay there all night,” whined my favorite today. (Ummm, is that a promise?)
- Saturday: “Nobody went in timeout today!” observed my favorite today. (Mark it in the record books, people. And here’s to a long streak ahead of us!)
My Top 5 Facebook Posts
My Favorites from the Interwebs
Here are a few other blogs that I really enjoyed this week:
- From Glennon Melton (Momastery) via HuffPost Parents: On Momotony and Sacred Work (One of the most beautiful things I’ve read in a while. Turning the mundane into the sacred!)
- From When Crazy Meets Exhaustion: Letter from a Friend (I need to read myself this letter daily!)
- From Life on Three Sides: Joy Is… (Sometimes, I forget I need a little perspective. This was a nice reminder.)
- From Four Plus an Angel: There (One mommy’s reflections on being a very young mom.)
- From Kelley’s Break Room: The Bed Wetter’s Plea: A Poem for the Bed Wetters of the World (We haven’t had bed-wetting issues so far, but I think you can apply this to a lot of kid “mistakes”–broke my heart a little.)
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.