In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
It was another slow-ish week for me this week, as I’ve been super busy with work, plus suffering from a major case of writer’s block.
I began the week with an update on how I’m doing with my Orange Rhino Challenge. I’ve made some progress in some areas but taken a step back in another. If you’ve been doing the challenge, how are things going?
This week’s Too Tired to Try Tuesday post was doubly awesome in that it was for a recipe and a craft: peanut butter play dough. Mmmmm.
I also was over at Real Mom of NJ’s place on Tuesday re-sharing my philosophy on the best way to parent. As far as I’m concerned, there’s only one way!
And our Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post included some dinosaurs playing in Barbie’s house, some cuddling and baby cuteness, and some goofiness sprinkled in, among other things.
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: Today my favorite called me “Bob” after I tried for 10 mins to get him to call me “mamma” . . . I guess we’re making progress from “dadda,” which is what he usually calls me. (And there’s a video up on my Facebook page documenting this!)
- Monday: “Mommy, can’t we just go to the bank and get more money?” asked my favorite today. (Oh pumpkin head, how I wish it were that easy!)
- Tuesday: “Mommy, I wish we could move all of our beds together so that we could just cuddle all night,” said my favorite today. (I’d like that in theory, too, Love.) 🙂
- Wednesday: “Mommy, I have wots of work to do today. I need to wead all deez books!” said my favorite today!
- Thursday: “Let’s all look fancy today!” said my favorite today. (Which of course means that I wore jeans instead of my usual yoga-type pants. All day, I might add.)
- Friday: “Hi-iiiiiii,” said my favorite today as he waved his chubby little hand at me! (It’s his first word! Well, real word, if you don’t count “bob.” Plus he says it in the cutest little southern accent. FYI, we live in CT.)
- Saturday: “Mommy, dis is unaccep-able,” said my favorite today. (He was not pleased that his hood was bunching up behind him in his carseat. I was pleased, however, to discover he does listen to some things I say!)
My Top 5 Facebook Posts (and an Exciting Milestone!)
Oh, and I hit an exciting milestone on my Facebook page this week! Really, thank you all so very much. So happy to have you all here!!!
My Favorites from the Interwebs
Here are a few other blogs that I really enjoyed this week:
- From The Golden Spoons: Tuesday Ten: My Favorite Children’s Books (I love, love, love all of the books on this list!)
- From I Thought I Knew Mama: Three Truths About the Twos: Why They Aren’t So Terrible (A very nice reminder of the good things we often overlook in the midst of tantrums and meltdowns.)
- From Questionable Choices in Parenting: It’s Just a Little Crush, but I am NOT Ready for It (I’m going through something similar with our 5-year-old.)
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.
May 28, 2013 at 9:51 am
Thank you again for guest posting! And WOO HOO on 1000 Likes! I am stuck around 350, and will be for life it seems. Granted, I don’t network and post like you do…think I just found the problem. 😉
May 28, 2013 at 3:52 pm
It was my pleasure! And thank you for returning the favor in a few weeks. 🙂