In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
I’ve been a slacker. Well, with my blog writing, not with life. With life, things have been super busy around here as we start preparing for our big move in 4 (eeeeek) weeks.
For my Too Tired to Try Tuesday post I suggested the fun and practical craft of trying handpainted sneakers. I think I’m actually going to do this one after we move. And I was so pleased to get so many submissions for this week’s Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post. From one reader’s trip to visit family to another’s little sweatpea still in the womb, there was a whole lotta happy going on. I smiled a lot. And that made my heart happy.
But two other exciting things happened in terms of writing! (1) An older post of mine in which I dissect the apparent language barrier between me and my children was republished over on I Just Want to Pee Alone on Monday. (2) I shared a post on what I’ve learned about the true meaning of “things” over at my friend Michelle’s page, Miss Banana Pants, as she prepares to move with her family to Nicaragua.
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: Today my favorites said absolutely nothing to me before 9:30 am when I finally woke up. 🙂
- Monday: “Do you want me to go back to bed for a little longer?” asked my favorite today. (Yes, love. The answer to this question is always yes!)
- Tuesday: “Look at my pirate booty,” said my favorite today (as he was rocking a pair of big boy underwear with pirates all over).
- Wednesday: “I want to make [the baby] feel better. Can I please hold him and sing him a lullaby?” asked my favorite today? (And she sang him right to sleep! *heart completely melted*)
- Thursday: “Spank Mamma on her bottom,” said my favorite today . . . to my husband . . . who looked at me and then waggled (yes, I just said “waggled”) his eyebrows. (Gotta love when kids say something that means something completely different to adults!) *waggle, waggle*
- Friday: “Abracadabra, you will stop crying,” said my favorite today. (For the record, it was to the baby. Not me.)
- Saturday: “Can I take out my table and give away some of my toys to kids that need them?” asked my favorite today (while we were setting up for our yard sale).
My Top 5 Facebook Posts
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.
May 19, 2013 at 9:04 am
It’s good that you’ve started preparing for the yard sale so early! If only I had the sensibility to do that argh! Hope you had a great weekend!
May 21, 2013 at 3:19 pm
May 21, 2013 at 6:49 pm
Sounds like a very full week indeed. I’m starting to miss having my wild things at home!!