Happy Mother’s Day again! Also, I’d like to welcome all the new faces who have joined us over the past few days! Glad to have you here.
Now, in case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
I began the week with a letter to my children about their copious amounts of artwork and admitted a secret to them that I’ve been holding in for a while. We’re going to start some method for displaying their art, but we haven’t decided yet on just how we’ll do this. We’re debating between the old refrigerator display method or a few different ideas we found on Pinterest.
For this week’s Too Tired to Try Tuesday post, I shared Around My Family Table’s amazing 1-minute Dixie cup cakes. This may be the easiest cake you’ll ever make. And if you have older kids, they can make it for you!!
Later in the week I wrote about a condition I think all of us parents suffer from: Post-Kid Stress Disorder. But it hasn’t been talked about in the medical literature, so I tried my hand at defining it and created a quiz for you to see if you suffer from it, too.
I wrapped up the week, as usual, with our Shiny, Happy, Feel-Good Friday post. It includes pictures of some snacking dinosaurs, a baby butt sticker, and some puddle jumping, among others. A friendly face from my childhood also makes an appearance.
And I don’t usually post on Sundays, nor did I think I’d have anything to add to the already amazing writing surrounding Mother’s Day, but a post sort of snuck up on me the other day while I was at a Mommy Brunch at my daughter’s preschool. In it you’ll see what 16 singing preschoolers taught me about being a mom.
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: “You should go take a bath, Mommy,” said my favorite today. (Even though she said it because my feet were horrendously dirty from my flip flops, not because she thought I could use the quiet relaxation.)
- Monday: “Mommy, you sit down and I’ll make you dinner,” said my favorite today. (True story. Although my dinner was plastic food.)
- Tuesday: “Mamma, do you want me to wub your back?” asked my favorite today. (I did, and it was nice. For the whole 2.7 seconds he did it.)
- Wednesday: “That’s just the way I was made,” said my favorite today (when telling her brother why she doesn’t like vegetables).
- Thursday: For the double win . . . “I can’t wait for our Mother’s Day frunch at school tomorrow,” and “I’m cleaning for Mother’s Day,” said my favorite today. (For the record, I can’t wait for frunch, either. Also, I hope no one is tallying these favorites quotes because someone just may be pulling ahead.)
- Friday: “You smell gooooooood, Mamma. It’s because you took a shower,” said my favorite today.
- Saturday: Me: Please put that pretzel down and come help us clean up. 3 yo: I am cleaning. I’m cleaning up the food. (Touché) And that, my friends, is what my favorite said today.
My Top 5 Facebook Posts
Well, I’ve got 6, because two tied for fifth place. Plus two photos that you all seemed to really like!
And here are the photos!
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.