In case you missed anything this week . . .
My Blog Posts
So, if you’ve been keeping up with me on the regular, you know we’ve been going through a rough patch with our 3 yo. Those terrible twos everyone is always talking about has NOTHING on the totally-rotten-why-doesn’t-anyone-ever-warn-you-about threes. I finally took pen to paper (well, fingers to keyboard, actually) and tried to work through some questions and concerns I’m having in What Do You Do When You Don’t Know What to Do?
Then after I published this post, some great things happened. In addition to all of supportive responses and encouragement I received from all of you, I took a timeout on life with the 3 yo and was able to enjoy a surprise night out with my hubby thanks to an amazing friend. And all of this prompted my first-ever double post in one day with my follow-up post Encouragement, A Walk, and Date Night.
For our Too Tired to Try Tuesday Post I shared how to make craft sticks fun and educational. I like this craft because it’s super easy to make (you could probably have your kids do all the making), it’s likely to keep your kids entertained for a while, and you can do it all on the cheap.
Due to a family emergency, I didn’t do much writing the rest of the week, but I did manage to share some happy in this week’s Shiny, Happy, Sparkly, Feel-Good Friday post. As always, thanks to everyone who shared with us!
Oh, and the kids and I were over at Kids Crafts Fun and Games.com on Friday sharing a fun project we’d been working on all week. I’d love it if you checked it out. Hint: It has to do with umbrellas. 🙂
My Favorite Kid
This week my favorites said:
- Sunday: “I’m sorry, Mamma,” said my favorite today, completely unprompted. (After the past few emotionally draining days, this actually meant so much!)
- Monday: “Mommy, I cleaned up that mess you asked me to,” said my favorite today. (Back story: Last night I mentioned that when we got up today there was a particularly messy area in the kitchen we’d need to clean up. And wouldn’t you know, she cleaned it up all by herself right when she woke up this morning while I was still sleeping!)
- Tuesday: “Mamma, you look really nice today,” said my favorite today. (Which is kinda funny because I am wearing the same thing I wore yesterday.)
- Wednesday: “Whoa, whoa, whoa, Mommy. Don’t panic,” said my favorite today.
- Thursday: “Brothers are so much fun,” said my favorite today.
- Friday: “Thank you for Mommy and Daddy, and going to the store to get ice cream . . .” said my favorite today.
- Saturday: “I wanna crush some hot dogs!” said my favorite today (as she was watching me play Candy Crush, obviously). Tee hee!
My Top 5 Facebook Posts
And you liked this awesome picture of my daughter’s mad diapering skills:
My Favorites from the Interwebs
The HuffPost Parents was really on a roll this week. I absolutely fell in love with Dr. Flanagan’s “A Daddy’s Letter to His Little Girl (About Her Future Husband)” and Lea Grover’s “Dear Less-Than-Perfect Mom.” These are both wonderfully beautiful must-reads, in my honest opinion, but be warned, you’ll need some tissues.
There you have it. Just another week with the wild things.
May 6, 2013 at 6:54 am
Great idea to jot down a daily quote! We went to a Derby party on Saturday, and when I quoted “Go Dogs Go” and asked if my 22 month old liked my hat, he quoted right back: “I do NOT!” My husband and I could not stop laughing 🙂
May 6, 2013 at 10:07 am
They are quite particular with their fashion, aren’t they?
May 6, 2013 at 6:54 am
* “Go, Dog, Go”