I started blogging as a way to unwind, keep sane, and share some funny every now and then. Little did I know that joining the blogosphere would allow me to meet so many amazingly wonderful, outstanding people. In my nearly 2 months of blogging, I have received so much love and support from so many people I don’t know personally but who I feel like I’ve known for years and years.
Epically Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness
I think Ellen put it best in her post after receiving her award: “Holy Shit Balls that is a mouth full! (That’s what she said.)” Heh, heh. It’s like she’s in my head or something. But really, when I saw this from her I felt, well, epically awesome. And now I have the award to prove it.
Upon accepting this award I have to share 10 more facts about myself and then nominate 10 other bloggers.
- I cannot believe that in all the sharing about myself that I’ve done on here that I have not once mentioned to you my LOVE of ketchup. Seriously, I cannot imagine a world without it. I
havecould eat it out of the container — just give me a bowl and a spoon and I’m happy. My daughter did not inherit this gene from me, but my older son did. It’ll be interesting to see where the baby falls with this one.
- A lot of my friends thought I was an only child growing up because my older brother and I are 10 years apart, and he was out of the house by the time I was 7 or 8.
- I am a hypochondriac. I know this and I accept this. So I guess that makes it not so weird, right?
- My family and I are getting ready to move from CT down to VA for my husband’s fellowship. Last time we moved, we had only 1 kid. Tons of crap, but only one kid. We’ve upped our kids by two, so I’m worried about the crap factor. We may need to rent a pack of moving trucks.
- I don’t like melons. (No, not those melons. Actually, ok, sometimes those melons. Like right now when I’m dealing with melon issues from melon-feeding. Arggghhhh.)
- I sleep with no less than 4 pillows every night. My husband knows better than to try to swipe one of them.
- I now consider myself an expert on all things dinosaurs, as my oldest son is going through a major dinosaur phase right now. (Remember, he wanted to be known as “Saurus” on here. Yeah, it goes that deep.)
- I love that my husband makes it his mission to carry in all of the groceries in one trip every single time. I could have 3 bags or 76, and somehow he always manages to do it.
- I dig my in-laws. So does my husband. We love having family visit and find it funny when friends think we’re nuts.
- I hate when people spell my name wrong. Ok, I know, it’s not that common, and it could be spelled a gazillion different ways, so let me rephrase — I hate when people spell my name wrong after seeing it spelled correctly. Just pay attention.
And my nominees are . . .
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Thanks to Joy I now have an “Inspiring Blog Award” and a “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” . . . these technically may be the same award, but since the names are slightly different, I’ll count them separately. 🙂
For this one, I’m supposed to share 7 facts about myself, but since I’m combining posts for the two awards, I’m going to use the same fun facts for both. C’mon, you didn’t really want to know that much about me, did you?
And, here are my nominees . . .
Thanks again to Ellen and Joy for making me feel so loved! 🙂