The missus over at Slice of Humble tagged me in the “Who Are You” game, and since I have some new followers (welcome again!), I figured it’d be a great time to do this so that you can learn a little bit about me. If you haven’t checked out my “Me and My People” section on the blog, you can learn even more, like my favorite punctuation or how I like my toilet paper (you know, the important stuff).
And go check out Humble. She’s funny and tells it like it is. Oh, and she has 5 kids. “Like a boss.”
So, here are my answers to the “Who Are You” questions:
- Where were you born Columbia, MD
- Were you named after someone? Sort of. If you consider my parents having a name picked out for me but then changing their minds in the hospital after seeing and liking an actress’s name on tv. Going into the hospital, I was going to be Sara, but I came out Mackenzie.
- How many children do you have? 3 (5 yo girl, 3 yo boy, 8 mo boy)
- How many pets do you have? 2 cats (Lucy and Charlotte)
- Your worst injury? Besides the three times I pushed babies out of my nether region? Probably the time I broke my nose. But it was my fault–I thought it’d be funny to put some tape on a guy friend’s leg and rip it off. Didn’t end so well.
- Do you have a special talent? I’m pretty ordinary, actually. A lot of people have told me that I have really nice handwriting, does that count? Let’s see, I can tie a cherry stem in my mouth. That seems a little more special.
- Favorite thing to bake? A domestic diva I am not. I don’t bake too much. I do however make a mean key lime pie . . . graham cracker crust from scratch, real key lime juice . . . so good!
- Favorite fast food? Currently Taco Bell’s Cool Ranch Doritos Taco Loco and churros. Man, all this food talk is making me hungry.
- Would you bungee jump? Never ever. I’m too afraid of dying.
- What is the first thing you notice about people? Their manners.
- When was the last time you cried? A few days ago when my 8 mo accidentally slammed his melon into my nose. (Again with the nose. Maybe I should get a different one.)
- Any current worries? Unfortunately, I’m a chronic worrier. This is something I am trying to work on. But I worry I’ll never be a non-worrier.
- Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. Diet soda, water, sunrise orange drink (made with those drink mixes)
- What’s your favorite book? I cannot possibly answer this question. I am an editor and avid reader, and I love everything from 18th century British lit to the current vampire invasion.
- Would you like to be a pirate? Definitely not — I am deathly afraid of swimming in the ocean.
- Favorite smells? My kids (only after their baths), my husband’s cologne, pretty much anything baking related, cilantro, fresh linens.
- Why do you blog? As an editor, I’m often rewriting other people’s work, but blogging allows me to have a voice. And unwind. And share the crazy sh$t my kids do.
- What song do you want played at your funeral? I’m hoping by the time I’m old they’ll have figured out a way for us to live forever. Ok, sorry, I have no idea.
- What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I’m short on patience. This is a difficult quality with 3 kids. But I try to work on this every day.
- Favorite hobby? Sleeping.
- Name something you’ve done, you never thought you would do? Get a tattoo. Get a second tattoo.
- What do you look for in a friend? Sense of humor, compassion, honesty, good listener without judgment . . . someone who will tell me when I’m being an a-hole but still love me.
- Favorite fun things to do? Ummmm, sleep. 🙂 I also like going with my family to the park and dance parties.
- Pet peeves? Bad manners, saying “could care less” (incorrect) instead of “couldn’t care less” (correct), my kids blowing whistles.
- What’s the last thing that made you laugh? My kids make me laugh every single day, thank goodness. Like tonight, I came home from a quick trip to the store and my 3 yo was hanging out on the couch in a laundry basket. Such a nut!
To continue the fun, I have to tag some others, so I’m tagging Funny is Family, RealMomofNJ, ComfyTown Chronicles, Whoa! Susannah, and With a side order of crazy . . . hey, don’t blame me friends, take it up with Humble. 🙂 If you choose to play, let me know when you share your answers; I’d love to read them.