Thank you to Daily Dose of Damn for awarding me a Liebster Award for up and coming bloggers! Look at me, all up and coming and stuff. I humbly accept this honor. Upon accepting this award, I need to provide you will 11 more fun facts about myself, answer questions Damn posed for me, nominate bloggers I dig, and create 11 questions for those bloggers. Let’s get this party started.
Fun Facts About Mamma Wild Thing
- I am a hair twirler. Like completely, totally addicted to twirling my hair. I’m actually surprised I haven’t twirled it all out by now.
- I’m all Rain Man like when it comes to directions. If I go somewhere once, I will forever know how to get there and back.
- I married a man who is the complete opposite of me with regard to #2. I still love him.
- I really love my minivan. I admit it. I love it so much I have to hit the lock button on it and hear it chirp at least 8 times before I’m convinced it’s locked up real good. And then I hit the button a few more times to make sure it’s extra locked up. Can’t see my life without one in the foreseeable future.
- I hate sleeping with my bedroom door closed. I don’t like not being able to hear what might be going on in the rest of the house.
- I hardly watch any tv these days–seriously, I have no knowledge of what’s going on in the real world–but when I manage some free time to watch without the kids, my current guilty pleasures are Pretty Little Liars and The Vampire Diaries. Don’t judge.
- If I could marry a food, I would marry cheese. Except Swiss cheese. That stuff is nasty.
- I am in no way, shape, or form a morning person. Having kids has really cramped my style in terms of sleeping in.
- Speaking of sleep, if given the choice between sleep and a shower, I will pick sleep ALWAYS.
- The other day, after 9+ months, I thought that my ring finger was ready to welcome back my engagement and wedding rings. I severely miscalculated. Ended my day at the fire station getting my wedding band cut off. Waaaah waaaah.
- I have known my best friends for 26-30 years.
My Questions from Damn
- When was the last time you were truly embarrassed? I want the story. Refer to #10 above. I thought my rings were ready to go back on my finger. My wedding band went on ok, but my engagement ring took a little bit of coaxing. I knew right away I made a grave mistake and spent the better part of 3 hours trying to get that sucker off. After lubing, pulling, and twisting, I finally managed to get my engagement ring off. However, the trauma to my finger left it so completely swollen that there was no hope for my wedding band. After spending the rest of the day with my Michelin Man finger looking like it would bust open, my husband convinced me I’d have to get it cut off. So, I rolled up to the fire station at 8:30 that night to ask them to cut off my ring. There were 10 or so fire fighters hanging out and curious about my predicament. I felt so stupid.
- Have you ever had a Brazilian wax? No, I actually find that a bit creepy. I would, however, do the Brazilian butt lift.
- Let’s say you’re passive aggressive, like I am. Pretend I’m the person you’d love to tell off, but never would to his/her face. Let me have it. If I could sneak into your house, I’d set your alarm an hour earlier than usual, and make sure your kid was accidentally woken up earlier too. I’d hide all of your coffee and chocolate and make sure the hot water was turned off. If I couldn’t sneak in, I’d probably just leave a big ol’ bag of hot dog poo at your front door. But in a place you wouldn’t see it. Until you stepped in it.
- Have you ever looked through someone’s phone without them knowing? Yes. But honestly because I thought it was mine. Until I saw the home-cooked recipe app.
- Toilet paper – over or under? OVER!
- What is your guilty pleasure? Showering alone. Errr, I mean see #6 above.
- Name 3 blogs that you regularly read. Funny is Family, You Know It Happens At Your House Too, and Single Dad Laughing.
- The stupidest thing you did to impress a guy. I can honestly say that I’ve never intentionally done anything, stupid or not, to impress a guy. Either I’m your cup of tea or I’m not.
- If you were a superhero, what would your super power be? To stop whining before it starts.
- What would your superhero name be? Hot Mamma. It has nothing to do with my super power, but it would make me feel good having everyone call me that.
- Manscaping – Preferred? Or not so much? A little is ok, but not too much. I think that’s creepy, too.
Following in Damn’s footsteps, I’m nominating five, although it appears you’re supposed to nominate 11? Hopefully the Liebster gods don’t crap all over us now. Anyhoo, here are my nominees–I’m a new follower to some, less new to others. Either way, they’re funny and I enjoy reading them. Maybe you will too.
Questions for My Nominees
- If you could marry a food, what would it be?
- Are you a tp folder or crinkler?
- When was the last time you took a shower? Ok, when was the last time before that?
- What is one thing you absolutely cannot leave your house without?
- Favorite curse word? Why?
- Caillou or Max & Ruby?
- What is your favorite type of salad dressing?
- What bloggers do you make sure to read every day?
- Can you do the robot? Well?
- If you were shopping to prepare for a big snow storm, what are your must-haves?
- Do you have any unusual talents?
Thanks again to Daily Dose of Damn for sharing the love.