Thank you to Daily Dose of Damn for awarding me a Liebster Award for up and coming bloggers! Look at me, all up and coming and stuff. I humbly accept this honor. Upon accepting this award, I need to provide you will 11 more fun facts about myself, answer questions Damn posed for me, nominate bloggers I dig, and create 11 questions for those bloggers. Let’s get this party started.
Fun Facts About Mamma Wild Thing
- I am a hair twirler. Like completely, totally addicted to twirling my hair. I’m actually surprised I haven’t twirled it all out by now.
- I’m all Rain Man like when it comes to directions. If I go somewhere once, I will forever know how to get there and back.
- I married a man who is the complete opposite of me with regard to #2. I still love him.
- I really love my minivan. I admit it. I love it so much I have to hit the lock button on it and hear it chirp at least 8 times before I’m convinced it’s locked up real good. And then I hit the button a few more times to make sure it’s extra locked up. Can’t see my life without one in the foreseeable future.
- I hate sleeping with my bedroom door closed. I don’t like not being able to hear what might be going on in the rest of the house.
- I hardly watch any tv these days–seriously, I have no knowledge of what’s going on in the real world–but when I manage some free time to watch without the kids, my current guilty pleasures are Pretty Little Liars and The Vampire Diaries. Don’t judge.
- If I could marry a food, I would marry cheese. Except Swiss cheese. That stuff is nasty.
- I am in no way, shape, or form a morning person. Having kids has really cramped my style in terms of sleeping in.
- Speaking of sleep, if given the choice between sleep and a shower, I will pick sleep ALWAYS.
- The other day, after 9+ months, I thought that my ring finger was ready to welcome back my engagement and wedding rings. I severely miscalculated. Ended my day at the fire station getting my wedding band cut off. Waaaah waaaah.
- I have known my best friends for 26-30 years.
My Questions from Damn
- When was the last time you were truly embarrassed? I want the story. Refer to #10 above. I thought my rings were ready to go back on my finger. My wedding band went on ok, but my engagement ring took a little bit of coaxing. I knew right away I made a grave mistake and spent the better part of 3 hours trying to get that sucker off. After lubing, pulling, and twisting, I finally managed to get my engagement ring off. However, the trauma to my finger left it so completely swollen that there was no hope for my wedding band. After spending the rest of the day with my Michelin Man finger looking like it would bust open, my husband convinced me I’d have to get it cut off. So, I rolled up to the fire station at 8:30 that night to ask them to cut off my ring. There were 10 or so fire fighters hanging out and curious about my predicament. I felt so stupid.
- Have you ever had a Brazilian wax? No, I actually find that a bit creepy. I would, however, do the Brazilian butt lift.
- Let’s say you’re passive aggressive, like I am. Pretend I’m the person you’d love to tell off, but never would to his/her face. Let me have it. If I could sneak into your house, I’d set your alarm an hour earlier than usual, and make sure your kid was accidentally woken up earlier too. I’d hide all of your coffee and chocolate and make sure the hot water was turned off. If I couldn’t sneak in, I’d probably just leave a big ol’ bag of hot dog poo at your front door. But in a place you wouldn’t see it. Until you stepped in it.
- Have you ever looked through someone’s phone without them knowing? Yes. But honestly because I thought it was mine. Until I saw the home-cooked recipe app.
- Toilet paper – over or under? OVER!
- What is your guilty pleasure? Showering alone. Errr, I mean see #6 above.
- Name 3 blogs that you regularly read. Funny is Family, You Know It Happens At Your House Too, and Single Dad Laughing.
- The stupidest thing you did to impress a guy. I can honestly say that I’ve never intentionally done anything, stupid or not, to impress a guy. Either I’m your cup of tea or I’m not.
- If you were a superhero, what would your super power be? To stop whining before it starts.
- What would your superhero name be? Hot Mamma. It has nothing to do with my super power, but it would make me feel good having everyone call me that.
- Manscaping – Preferred? Or not so much? A little is ok, but not too much. I think that’s creepy, too.
Following in Damn’s footsteps, I’m nominating five, although it appears you’re supposed to nominate 11? Hopefully the Liebster gods don’t crap all over us now. Anyhoo, here are my nominees–I’m a new follower to some, less new to others. Either way, they’re funny and I enjoy reading them. Maybe you will too.
Questions for My Nominees
- If you could marry a food, what would it be?
- Are you a tp folder or crinkler?
- When was the last time you took a shower? Ok, when was the last time before that?
- What is one thing you absolutely cannot leave your house without?
- Favorite curse word? Why?
- Caillou or Max & Ruby?
- What is your favorite type of salad dressing?
- What bloggers do you make sure to read every day?
- Can you do the robot? Well?
- If you were shopping to prepare for a big snow storm, what are your must-haves?
- Do you have any unusual talents?
Thanks again to Daily Dose of Damn for sharing the love.
March 6, 2013 at 10:33 pm
Dude! That sucks about your ring!
March 6, 2013 at 11:42 pm
I know, right? Although, of my two rings, I would pick to have my wedding band cut off over my engagement ring. I’m still waiting to have a sob fest over it.
March 7, 2013 at 6:28 am
Over on the toilet paper!!! NOW I know this Liebster was truly deserved! I kid….and you’ve never done anything to impress a guy!?! Good for you! i know these take a long time. Beautufully done!
March 7, 2013 at 9:02 am
But of course! It’s actually so important to me that it’s in my About Me section, lol. 😉 And thanks again for starting all of this. It’s a great way to meet other awesome people!
March 7, 2013 at 8:54 am
This is really nice! Thanks so much for this. I am with you on so many of these things–cheese, loving my minivan, finding Brazillian waxes creepy, but above all, I am thrilled to meet another hair twirler! I have been my whole life and will never be able to stop–too darn soothing! Thanks again for this 🙂
March 7, 2013 at 9:04 am
You are very welcome! Sounds like we’re kindred spirits! Looking forward to following you. 🙂
March 7, 2013 at 8:57 am
Thank you for the nomination. I love your blog and glad we can help each other out. I will have my answers up shortly. Since this will be my 5 Liebster Award, I’ve given out many of them and I’m kind of running out of people to give them to. But, I will do my best. Thanks again. xoxo
March 7, 2013 at 9:05 am
Really, no need to do the whole thing again, I completely understand. Especially if this is your fifth one! Just know that I think you’re awesome and really enjoy following you. 🙂
March 7, 2013 at 9:26 am
Oh hell no Mamma.. I’ve already started it! I’m gonna finish. I just got done answering your questions.
I really liked your questions btw.. made me think. Almost done. 🙂
March 7, 2013 at 9:59 am
Great! Can’t wait to read your answers.
March 7, 2013 at 10:02 am
Okay, I’m done.. Check it out here!
March 7, 2013 at 10:54 am
Wow, all I Love Lucy style, eh? There have been nights I’ve wanted to do that. 🙂 And a crinkler like me, yay! Ha ha. Oh, btw, I’m an editor if you ever need any help with your novel. So so so happy I found your blog. Truly!
Pingback: Lazy Sunday: Week in Review 3/10/13 | raising wild things
May 2, 2014 at 11:44 am
Thanks , I have recently been looking for information about this topic for
a long time and yours is the greatest I have discovered so far.
However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the supply?
May 3, 2014 at 6:56 pm
It’s very easy to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this post
at this website.
June 13, 2014 at 9:12 am
Appreciating the time and effort you put into your
website and in depth information you offer. It’s awesome to come
across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of date rehashed information. Great read!
I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.
July 3, 2014 at 2:27 pm
I do consider all the ideas you have presented to your post.
They are very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are too short for
novices. May just you please lengthen them a little from next time?
Thanks for the post.
August 11, 2014 at 5:59 am
I think this is among the so much vital info for me. And i’m glad studying your article.
But wanna commentary on some general things, The website style
is perfect, the articles is really great : D.
Good job, cheers
August 23, 2014 at 6:32 pm
Hurrah, that’s what I was exploring for, what a information! existing here at this weblog, thanks admin of this
August 24, 2014 at 1:04 am
Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I
could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using
the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one?
Thanks a lot!
August 25, 2014 at 4:03 am
Quality articles is the main to interest the visitors to
pay a visit the site, that’s what this website is providing.
August 25, 2014 at 9:51 am
Excellent article! We are linking to this particularly great article on our site.
Keep up the great writing.
August 26, 2014 at 12:01 pm
Hi there, the whole thing is going perfectly here
and ofcourse every one is sharing data, that’s really
excellent, keep up writing.
August 27, 2014 at 4:43 pm
Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords
but I’m not seeing very good results. If you know of any please share.
August 28, 2014 at 10:42 pm
I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really
nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back
down the road. Many thanks
August 31, 2014 at 2:53 am
Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in truth was a enjoyment account it.
Glance advanced to far delivered agreeable from you! By the way, how could we keep in touch?
September 1, 2014 at 7:32 pm
It’s amazing to pay a quick visit this web site and
reading the views of all friends concerning this piece
of writing, while I am also eager of getting familiarity.
September 7, 2014 at 2:25 pm
Good article! We are linking to this particularly great post on our website.
Keep up the great writing.
September 23, 2014 at 5:12 pm
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital
to claim that I acquire actually loved account your
blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing for your feeds or even I achievement you get
entry to constantly fast.
September 25, 2014 at 2:31 am
This website was… how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something
which helped me. Appreciate it!
October 5, 2014 at 3:36 am
Hi i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anywhere, when i
read this paragraph i thought i could also create comment
due to this sensible piece of writing.
October 7, 2015 at 5:24 am
I think the admin of this website is truly working hard for his website, as here every material is quality based stuff.