It’s been a week since I started blogging. I hardly have any posts, and I’m not even sure how many people are actually reading what I’m writing. I take that back, I know at least one. Suzi over at Crap No One Tells You because she recently sent me an “Inspiring Blog Award.” This mama really tells it like it is–she keeps it real while making me laugh. And laugh, and laugh. So thank you, Suzi!
I’m still learning the ins and outs of the blogosphere–for instance I’ve learned how not to be a “bloghole” from Tara at You Know it Happens at Your House Too–but I have found enough encouraging, thoughtful, humorous, witty, snarky, truthful, and motivational content to inspire me to continue writing, not to mention to keep me busy reading for a lifetime. (And we all know how much I love reading!)
I am thankful to Suzi for a) finding me among the thousands of bloggers out there, b) actually reading what I have to say, and c) enjoying my writing enough to gift me with this award. What an honor among such an amazingly talented community of bloggers.
There are two rules to accepting the “Inspiring Blog Award”: I have to tell you 7 things about myself, and I have to pass this award onto 15 other bloggers. So, here goes.
- I have wanted to be a mommy since I was little. My mom still has a fill-in-the-blank school activity I completed in second grade that said, “When I grow up, I want to be ________.” I answered “mommy” and went on to share that I wanted 12 kids.
- I can confidently tell you that I will not be having 12 kids. We have 3 now, and I could see one more. But I think 4 would be my limit. Probably.
- My husband and I met in middle school. He had a crush on me before I knew who he was. Apparently he thought I had the right amount of junk in my trunk. (God I hope our families aren’t reading this one!)
- I enjoy reading and watching pretty much anything about vampires.
- I’m a toilet-paper-should-come-off-the-top-of-the-roll kinda gal. (NEVER the bottom!)
- Our family ends every day with a dance party. And I’m only slightly ashamed that our kids know that words to LMFAO’s “I’m Sexy and I Know It” and “Champagne Showers.”
- I do not drink coffee. Instead, I’m addicted to diet soda. I know, I know — scientists have shown rats get brain tumors from the stuff, but I just can’t stop. Hey, there could be worse things to be addicted to. (And yes I did just end that sentence with a preposition.)
Now, the blogs with which I’m sharing the love–these are all blogs I enjoy reading; they make me laugh, they make me cringe, they make me raise an eyebrow, but most importantly, they make me think:
Some of these bloggers are moms, some are dads, some are newbies like me, and some are seasoned vets. If you have any spare time after reading all of my glorious blog posts (which you should, because as you know, there’s only a handful so far), please check them out and share the love.
Bloggers, if you would like to accept this award, just leave a comment here letting
me know that you received it. Then on your blog, tell us all 7 facts about yourself and spread the love to 15 bloggers of your choice.