It’s been a week since I started blogging. I hardly have any posts, and I’m not even sure how many people are actually reading what I’m writing. I take that back, I know at least one. Suzi over at Crap No One Tells You because she recently sent me an “Inspiring Blog Award.” This mama really tells it like it is–she keeps it real while making me laugh. And laugh, and laugh. So thank you, Suzi!
I’m still learning the ins and outs of the blogosphere–for instance I’ve learned how not to be a “bloghole” from Tara at You Know it Happens at Your House Too–but I have found enough encouraging, thoughtful, humorous, witty, snarky, truthful, and motivational content to inspire me to continue writing, not to mention to keep me busy reading for a lifetime. (And we all know how much I love reading!)
I am thankful to Suzi for a) finding me among the thousands of bloggers out there, b) actually reading what I have to say, and c) enjoying my writing enough to gift me with this award. What an honor among such an amazingly talented community of bloggers.
There are two rules to accepting the “Inspiring Blog Award”: I have to tell you 7 things about myself, and I have to pass this award onto 15 other bloggers. So, here goes.
- I have wanted to be a mommy since I was little. My mom still has a fill-in-the-blank school activity I completed in second grade that said, “When I grow up, I want to be ________.” I answered “mommy” and went on to share that I wanted 12 kids.
- I can confidently tell you that I will not be having 12 kids. We have 3 now, and I could see one more. But I think 4 would be my limit. Probably.
- My husband and I met in middle school. He had a crush on me before I knew who he was. Apparently he thought I had the right amount of junk in my trunk. (God I hope our families aren’t reading this one!)
- I enjoy reading and watching pretty much anything about vampires.
- I’m a toilet-paper-should-come-off-the-top-of-the-roll kinda gal. (NEVER the bottom!)
- Our family ends every day with a dance party. And I’m only slightly ashamed that our kids know that words to LMFAO’s “I’m Sexy and I Know It” and “Champagne Showers.”
- I do not drink coffee. Instead, I’m addicted to diet soda. I know, I know — scientists have shown rats get brain tumors from the stuff, but I just can’t stop. Hey, there could be worse things to be addicted to. (And yes I did just end that sentence with a preposition.)
Now, the blogs with which I’m sharing the love–these are all blogs I enjoy reading; they make me laugh, they make me cringe, they make me raise an eyebrow, but most importantly, they make me think:
Sorry kid, Your Mom Doesn’t Play Well With Others
Can I Get Another Bottle of Whine with My Morning Quiet Time?
Some of these bloggers are moms, some are dads, some are newbies like me, and some are seasoned vets. If you have any spare time after reading all of my glorious blog posts (which you should, because as you know, there’s only a handful so far), please check them out and share the love.
Bloggers, if you would like to accept this award, just leave a comment here letting
me know that you received it. Then on your blog, tell us all 7 facts about yourself and spread the love to 15 bloggers of your choice.
March 1, 2013 at 11:50 am
Thanks so much! I don’t do these on my site but here are my answers:
1. I can touch my nose with my tongue.
2. I used to have my tongue pierced.
3. I am not as creepy as either of those things made me sound.
4. I despise the smell and taste of fake cinnamon.
5. I put ice in my milk.
6. I put ketchup on my eggs.
7. Both of the last two made me hungry.
March 1, 2013 at 12:43 pm
See, this is why I follow you!!
March 1, 2013 at 12:11 pm
Thank you so much! I’m so flattered to be mentioned, awarded, and linked to. I better get working on my blog post acceptance/pay-it-forward speech. 😉
And you, you keep blogging. It’s the only way you’ll learn, grow, and kick butt!
March 1, 2013 at 12:44 pm
And thank you for all of your encouragement!
March 1, 2013 at 1:56 pm
This blog is adorable! Thanks so much (again) for the mention. I’m keeping some pretty damn good company up there so I’m really flattered. 🙂
Since I have 23 moderately useless things about me already listed on my blog (up in the meet the family part), I’ll share 7 of the most crucial here with you….
1. I HATE cilantro. Smells like a questionable male body fluid.
2. I’m almost 44 and have never gotten a speeding ticket.
3. I still remember the tap dance I did in my first grade dance recital.
4. I drink a Diet Pepsi every single day (suck it, brain tumors!)
5. I know all the words to American Pie and will sing it to anyone who will listen (there’s not many)
6. I love banana bread, pies and muffins but do not like to eat plain bananas.
7. The circumference of my head is gigantic. Like a prize winning watermelon.
Thanks again! And check the blog next week….I’ll for sure be giving you a shout out! 🙂
March 2, 2013 at 10:06 pm
WHAT???!!! How can you not like cilantro? It’s one of my favorite smells. For realz. (What does that say about me and questionable male body fluids? Eeeeh!) We’ll have to put that behind us. I have never received a speeding ticket either, and did you see my #7?! Also, you’re watermelon comment made me spit out my diet Pepsi! 🙂
March 1, 2013 at 2:23 pm
Thanks, Mamma! I’m excited to have a bloggy friend that’s a real life friend, too. Michelle is right, your blog is adorable, and I’m excited to read about you and your Wild Things!
March 2, 2013 at 10:07 pm
Bloggy friend! 🙂
March 2, 2013 at 11:41 am
I’m reading you! And I awarded you a Liebster! I know they are a lot of work, so take your time…stop by my page to pick up your award 😉
March 2, 2013 at 10:08 pm
Wow DDD! Thanks so very much. I will do that. Yay. 🙂
March 8, 2013 at 9:44 pm
Thank you for the award! I was just checking out your updates on your FB page, laughing out loud. Awesome! So glad to be following you. I’m putting you in my blog roll as a thanks and because your blog rocks!
March 10, 2013 at 11:12 am
You’re welcome, and thank you!! The feeling is mutual. 🙂
September 20, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Asking questions are actually fastidious thing if you are
not understanding anything fully, but this post presents good understanding yet.